Top 6 Home Staging Props
When it comes to home staging, yes, there are a number of items that must be removed from the home such as personal photos, collectibles and of course, bulky furniture. Keep in mind though, there are props that enhance the look of the home regardless of age or style.
These 6 props can add memorable details and welcoming feelings for buyers and help set up the scene for great photos and really make your home stand out from other homes for sale.
- ORCHIDS & HIGH QUALITY FLOWERS - Orchids are an incredibly versatile prop. They are beautiful, elegant, and add class into any interior, regardless of the style of the home. They will pair well with just about any room. You can add them into a bathroom for a spa-like feel, group them into containers for a grand entryway centerpiece, or make them the highlight of the dining room. Adding high quality florals can be the perfect way to decorate any space, and the variety of flower types and arrangements can blend into any decorating theme.
- BOOKS - Books are wonderful space fillers and can introduce subtle pops of color into your living space. They can also be used as risers to add dimension to your room by propping other decorative pieces.
- BOWLS, TRAYS, & VASES - Ceramic containers can add a calming and organic effect to a decorative scene. They are beautifully subtle, and can be just the right touch to bring a room together. Using vases, trays, and bowls allow a lot of versatility. Vases can be used as a creative way to hold utensils in a kitchen and bowls can be used for small plants. The right container, paired with the right filler, can set the scene and create a warm and inviting space.
- FILLERS - Fillers are the perfect addition to the types of containers noted above. Fillers can be wicker balls, moss balls, faux lemons or other fruits, bread, flowers, and just about anything else you can think of. Fillers can bring a lived-in look to any space, warming up what could otherwise feel like a bare room.
- LIFESTYLE ELEMENTS - Having lifestyle elements in your home can really set the stage for the theme you want to incorporate. Lifestyle elements are thing that breathe life into any room, and help to prevent it from feeling too staged. These can be things such as a teapot on a night stand, a bowl of fruit on a dining room table, little figurines on nightstands, books on a coffee table, etc. You can even add a breakfast tray on a set bed. Use lifestyle scenery sparingly so it doesn't come off as too cheesy and over-done.
- PLUMP PILLOWS - Pillows really add extra dimension to decor and home staging. Look for pillows with some color, texture, and even print. But stay away from stiff or flat pillows and of course, going over board with too many pillows. Pillows should enhance the look of the space. Decor pillows look great on sofas, accent chairs, beds, and benches. Be sure to "plump up" those bed pillows too. Volume from pillows adds a sense of luxury and comfort.
With an ever-changing housing market, it's important to make your home stand out from the rest. Home staging can make a lasting impression on potential buyers, even helping to increase the amount of money offered for the home by allowing buyers to visualize themselves living there increasing the chances of your home selling quickly.
Thanks for visiting my page. Curious about what your home is worth? Call me today for a free home market analysis!
ERICA RIVERA, REALTOR